Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Loving a Slut



Best is when she turns off the lights
The subtle grace of her,
Falls nonchalantly on the drapes
The mangled locks, worn and rugged
From a day of being a slut
From a day of being fondled and played with

I trusted love and fell for her
Yes, I was in love with a slut
I know she won’t love me for free
Won’t hug me and sit with me on a tree
Dangle her legs down with me
And her hopes, on me

The slut won’t
But I am in love with the woman beneath
The one whose tears hit the floor
When she is all alone by her fireside
The one who keeps her father’s picture in her bag
The one who misses being a girl she once was

I wish I could come on a white horse
And take her away
But I just did not have the balls
To risk my pride
Lest I were to give it in her hands
And she did not ride

As the night fell upon her
She drew away from the window
It’s her time to go to work
She would come back early morning
Eyes wet, feet heavy
Distraught and fallen

I took a deep breath, puffed up my chest
A wreath of red roses, for my pretty girl
I knocked, but the door gave way
She lay by the hearth, her skin a shade of steel grey
Spangled like a star, she lay there in a sorry state
To my love, I had come a moment too late

No comments:

Post a Comment