Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Death Within

It’s a sullen sky that lies within my soul
Trying all this while to appreciate the reality,
The truth of my morbid existence
I have tried so hard to detach myself from thou, but it’s insane
I was, and I will forever be, destined to humanity
When my time comes to die
Lying within the hearse will I be, how hard I may try
The irony will be to see the mortals cry
With the case as cold as ice, and with death within and around,
Two tickets to paradise will I hold with covert aplomb
Death has always been a prevailing enigma
A mystery to the eye of the soul
Because the pure soul is the one that truly departs
Long before the rest are actually buried, they find death within
The final bell is just the death of what lies around the hollow well
Death is around us, we cannot help
Death within is a choice we make when we choose the wrong
Life is the flipside of death; the statement is simple and strong
Life is when the light above your head gives out an angelic spread,
Amidst the tinker of the dead, the sight of red.
Human I am, it was written long back
What kind? This is when the fountain comes in my hand
The words I will first put down will be kind, pure, humble and strong
The list will be long, for the list will I strive
And at the end of it, standing there quietly will be the word, ‘alive’.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ishaan,


    I am BJP-SAD Candidate from Ludhiana West for Punjab Assembly Election for which polling will be held on January 30, 2012.

    I request you to link to my blog at www.rajinderbhandari.blogspot.com

    Kindly vote and support me. I request you to use your expertise with computer and internet to promote my messages to reach the voters.

    I apologize if you consider my message as an intrusion.

    Prof Rajinder Bhandari

    ReplyDelete